[man, I really have to blog more often]
The Divertimento Orchestra in cooperation with the Embassy of the Czech Republic, is proud to present a program of Czech music, this Thursday and Friday (April 20 & 21, 2018) starting at 8PM. The concert venue is:
Woodroffe United Church,
207 Woodroffe Ave.
The program is going to be great:
- Smetana — The Moldau
- This piece, originally titled “Vltava”, is a beautiful tone painting that charts the course of the Vltava river. It has a very busy and difficult cello part.
- Dvořák — Slavonic Dances, Op. 46
- These dances are wonderful, exuberant splashes of music. They contain numerous parts that are extremely difficult to play.
- Dvořák — Symphony No. 9 “from the New World”
- I love this symphony. The oboe part at the start of the second movement is definitely on my “goosebumps” list.
Tickets prices are…
Children 13 and under: FREE
Please come listen to some wonderful music, including my minor contributions from the back of the cello section.